sandiegohypnobirthing.com

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blake

























Hi Care!

Baby Blake has arrived!!  He was born on 11/4/11 (his due date).  7 lb., 1 oz., 20.5 inches.  We are so so so happy!  Guess what???  He was born en caul!!  So cool!!  I delivered him in the birth center shower, standing up!  It was a crazy long labor, but so worth it.  I was in my bed, my birth ball, my shower, then birth center shower, tub, walking halls, bed and finally the shower.  Crazy!!  So worth it though.  Baby Blake is amazing and so mellow.  He is breast feeding like a champ and sleeping really well.  He gained 2 ounces before we even left the hospital, I think because he started breast feeding immediately.  The nurses and midwives were so confused and kept checking the scales, haha. 

Thank you again!!  Feel free to share the photos :) 




UPDATE:
More of the Story...

 For the first 2/3 of labor (10 hours) the hypnobirthing breathing was working really well.  Then I got exhausted and everything got really intense for the last 5 hours, and I started to lose it.  Nothing was working at that point.

At the end, when I was in the shower, the midwife came in and checked me for the first time.  She said I was 8-9 cm dialated.  So they said I should get back to the bed and get ready to push soon.  I knew I was closer than that though, because on the previous contraction I used your trick and reached down and felt the baby's head!  As I stepped out of the shower I had a contraction and pushed and felt down again and out came the baby's head!!  The midwife was shocked and called everyone into the tiny room to assist.  On the next contraction the rest of him was out.  He didn't cry and just looked up at me as they put him in my arms.   I walked back to the room down the public hallway naked, bleeding, holding the baby with the cord attached, and so so happy, hahaha what a site!!




No comments:

Post a Comment