sandiegohypnobirthing.com

Monday, October 17, 2011

Parker


I started having regular surges Tuesday, August 16th morning but not very close, maybe every 45minutes. Throughout the day they got closer maybe every 20-30 minutes apart into the night. I was up and down with them I even took a shower and a bath because I couldn’t sleep. The morning of August 17th Casey got up to go to work and I told him I didn’t think he should….

He stayed home with me, we went to breakfast then came home and I napped for a couple hours. We walked about a mine and by then it was about 11 and my surges were between 6-15 minutes apart and much more regular. I knew it was getting closer!! Around 12:20 I got a longer surge and then my water broke. We talked and decided we were going to stay home a while longer until we felt it was time to go to the hospital.

By a little after 1pm I was ready, they were getting closer and stronger. So we got our things together and went to Grossmont Hospital. We arrived around 1:30, checked in, got our room and when our nurse checked to make sure my water had broke, which it had and to see my progress I was ~4 ½ cm.

I must say after about 1 ½ hrs of labor I was ready to through in the towel, I had what was referred to as a “transition” surge and I threw up multiple times which took me out of my zone. Casey was the best through this! He assured me that this is what we wanted and spoke with our nurse, who was awesome and got her to check me to see my progress, I was already at ~7cm!! Hearing this I knew I could continue on.

About another 1 ½ hrs went by and I was done again, but with Casey’s love and support and the nurses report that I had made it to 10cm and was ready to push I couldn’t have been happier. I pushed for about 1 hour 45 minutes and he arrived!

Parker
August 17th, 2011
7 lbs 5 oz 21 inches long

He is precious and we love him more than words can explain. We were left the hospital at 9:30pm on August 19th and are loving life.

I am soo happy with our labor and delivery of him. Without the love and support of Casey and the techniques and knowledge I learned with Hypnobirthing such a great experience wouldn’t have been possible.  He latched as soon as he was born and has been feeding great every since. I was fully aware of everything around me after labor and was able to fully participate in everything that happened to him and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment